3M+KCI Australia and New Zealand Skin Integrity and Wound Care Award 2020
3M+KCI and Wounds Australia have partnered to recognise and promote health care facilities and their members who have implemented a patient care regimen resulting in improved skin integrity, or the maintenance of patients' skin health as they undergo treatment in a health care facility.
Purpose of the Award
The purpose of the Skin Integrity and Wound Care Award is to recognise an individual or team for creating and sustaining a successful skin damage prevention project. The project should demonstrate positive clinical outcomes, teamwork, and knowledge transfer.
The Award will recognise a skin damage prevention project across a broad scope, and may include:
- Pressure injury prevention,
- Incontinence-Associated Dermatitis (IAD) prevention,
- Skin tear prevention, and/or
- Adhesive trauma prevention.
The project may be delivered in any health, aging or disability service including:
- Hospital inpatients
- Residential care
- Community health service
- Primary health care
- Home visiting service or
- Respite care.
This award will recognise an individual or clinical team for creating and sustaining a project designed to prevent skin damage.
The Award will target health care professionals who are championing skin injury prevention in their service. The Award will be open to entries from both individuals and teams.
To be eligible an entrant must:
- Be a registered health care professional in Australia or New Zealand. For team entries, at least one team member must be a registered health care professional.
- Be a member of Wounds Australia or the NZ Wound Care Society. For team entries, at least one team member must be a member of Wounds Australia or the NZ Wound Care Society.
- Be over 21 years of age
- Be currently employed by the employer for which the award project was created and implemented.
- Have approval from their employer to enter the project for the Award.
Please note: Employees, officers, directors (and their respective immediate family (spouse, children, parents and siblings) or household members (whether or not related) to Wounds Australia and 3M+KCI are not eligible to apply. Members of the assessment panel (and their respective immediate family (spouse, children, parents and siblings) or household members (whether or not related) will not be eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
All applicants should submit applications online through the link provided on the Wounds Australia website www.woundsaustralia.com.au. Applications should be submitted between 24 July and 13 October 2020.
Please read the Award Guidelines and Terms and Conditions before you start to fill the application.
Please click here to read the Award Guidelines
Please click here to read the Award Terms and Conditions
Click here to apply online.
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring us on 1800 870 855